Gold is tarnish-resistant, but it can get dirty or smudged. Lotions, powders, soaps, even natural skin oils that we use regularly can cover your jewelry and cut down their brilliance. Jewelry cleaning removes any such build-up or residue and restores the original sparkle and shine to make your precious jewelries last a lifetime.
Although numerous commercial products are available to clean gold jewelry, most often water and a mild detergent is sufficient to restore the radiance, and a soft brush helps to gently clean intricate filigree designs and stones. Sometimes it can be helpful to soak the gold jewelry in a solution of one part ammonia and six parts water for up to sixty seconds. It is imperative to dry and polish your gold jewelry with a chamois or soft cloth after cleaning.
Jewelry polishing cloths are an effective and inexpensive way of keeping your bits of gold glittering and radiant. These essential cotton cloths help to remove tarnish and to buff jewelry to look as good as new. Avoid wearing jewelry while in contact with household chemicals,
Here are a few hints when trying to find jeans that will fit and look great on YOU.
- Small flat behind: If you have a small flat behind and your jeans tend to make you look smaller, choose a design with detailed pockets that are high and slightly smaller than those found on most styles. Pockets will drawn attention to the eye and will create the illusion of width and lift. To add curves Wear low-rise jeans in a cotton-Lycra blend. The clingy fabric hugs the body and a contoured waistband will help create curves. Choose a pair that has been lightened at the
thighs and knees to make legs look more shapely. Avoid standard boot cut jeans that have little shape.
- To flatten a tummy: Try a medium to high-rise (no higher than the belly button) in a dark color.
- For the appearance of smaller thighs: Stick to dark colors for sure and wear flared styles that will draw the eye downward and create balance. Don’t wear them too tight or too loose.
- For the appearance if slim hips: Do
You might also want to think twice in putting on those lavish furs she has. A coat is a necessity in the winter season but with just the right amount of being finicky and some sense of style we might just turn this old timer outfit to a fashion statement.
Here are some tips on choosing the best coat.
- First off, assess your figure.
- Highlight a good curve with double breasted coat or choose a design where you can overlie the coat and produce a v-neck style.
- If you are blessed with great hips, accentuate it with a chic shawl coat. Try fur coats that would highlight your hips.
- On a full breasted figure a turtleneck coat would look formal and sleek; it will make your breast appear an inch or so less.
- For women more on the petite side do away from bulky coat as it would make you appear shorter. Choose a single-breasted cut coat. Keep it simple and elegant.
- You can fake an unfavorable figure by choosing
Buying natural fibers is very important. Try to purchase classic styles on sale in better stores or consignment stores. Purchase cotton, silk, wool or cashmere pieces on sale or at consignment stores. Incredible buys can be found at consignment stores in upscale neighborhoods. Fit is of utmost importance. Always buy pieces for your wardrobe that fit well, if your sew you can alter pieces yourself. If you find a “must have” piece on sale it may be worth investing in alterations to create the perfect fit. Purchase the following items in your classic coordinated colors and mix and match:
Several pairs of flat front, boot leg cut trousers in tan, navy and black.
Boot leg cut trousers never go out of style and are flattering to all figure types.
A pair of boot leg cut jeans that have the waistband slightly below the waist.
A twinset in your complementing color, cashmere if at all possible. Check the consignment stores for this item.
A classic blouse in your complementing color, cream is a good choice here.
A skirt that is of a traditional A line cut.
Classic pumps with a medium heel.
Your first step on how to find a bra to fit involves using a measuring tape. In order to ensure proper measurements are taken, you want to measure on a completely bare chest. First, take the measuring tape and measure around your rib cage, just beneath your breasts. When you’ve found this measurement, add either 4 or 5 inches in order to create an even number. The number you come up with indicates the appropriate band size for a bra that will fit you. This is especially important for plus sizes, because an ill fitting bra does not give them the comfort and support they need.
Secondly, how to find a bra to fit involves measuring the widest part of your bust. Slide the measuring tape around the middle of your back, and take care to hold it as steady as possible so you get an accurate number. Once you’ve done this, you’ll want to take note of the difference between the two measurements you’ve gotten thus far. For larger busted women, use the following numbers as a general guide to your cup size. If the number is 2 to 3 inches larger than your band size,
When choosing the style of your dress, you may want to consider some of the styles that will flatter your figure the most. Strapless dresses can be used to draw attention to lovely shoulders, while some dresses are available that can promote an hourglass appearance.
Below you will find an array of choices when one is in need of a formal dress for that special occasion:
- Jacket Gown. When choosing a jacket gown for a formal event, you may prefer a dress selection with long sleeves, providing more coverage during your night out. Many of these gowns come in satin or lace options, offering a sexy yet still covered look.
- Velvet Gown. Velvet gowns, especially a chocolate-colored selection can make a statement. If you are interested in drawing attention away from the hip and waist area, choose a formal dress that features an empire waist.
- Lace Overlay Dress. Going for a classic look? Try a dress that offered a lace overlay bodice (preferably the color black) with a deep V in the front and back.
- Strapless Satin. For a nice streamlined look, consider this option where accessories can be used to the fullest effect. Long earrings and
One way to cut down on your women’s clothing bill is to have a clothing swap. Get together a group of your friends (preferably a group who wear similar sizes) and have everyone bring some gently used, in good condition, clothing. Separate the clothing by type (pants, shirts, etc) and size and let everyone choose among the clothing items. In this way, you can get a few new outfits (well, at least new to you!) without having to spend any additional money.
Another way to find inexpensive women’s clothing is to shop on line retailers. Many Internet stores are able to offer ladies’ clothing at reduced rates, because they can save on the costs of running a physical store. They also tend to offer many different styles by different clothing makers, so that comparison shopping can be easier than in a mall or store. If you don’t mind wearing items that may be previously worn, sites such as eBay offer even bigger bargains, with regular women posting unwanted items (sometimes even designer) at low prices.
Women’s clothing is not only about fashion or brand names – it’s also about practicality and frugality. If you’re facing buying
Since there are many selections offered nowadays, the only concern is picking the right bottoms. There are some womens jeans today that are too skimpy and further show the problem areas of oversized women. If you are an avid fan of Oprah, you may have picked up already on the tips given by guests and clothing gurus, Trinny and Susannah: skimpy jeans don’t look good on any woman. Though magazine spreads, TV commercials, and billboards nowadays feature women in the latest slim jeans, the experts claim that no woman can carry those pants. However, loose-fitting, tapered, or so-called baggy pants won’t do good to the figure of an oversized woman, either. According to the duo, many American women make the mistake of being stuck in the 80s and wearing tapered pants. But, more often than not, badly fit pants make you look bigger than you intend to be.
The safer way toward fashion glam is to look for comfort in the cut. A good cut of womens jeans highlights just the right shapes and brings out the assets in your body and personality. Oversized women could choose flared or bootleg cuts so that their flabs, which are
Women are most seen wearing the kimono. They are worn for many occasions and are considered a tradition for most. Girls will wear one when they attend anything that is tied to the arts. A younger girl and single women wear a more colorful style of Kimono with longer sleeves and tied with a bright colored sash. A Kimono is made with material that has a simple pattern and is more plain and casual in style.
At weddings, the bride and the groom will go through a series of clothing changes using Kimono. A shiromuku is a heavy white Kimono that has great detail etched in it. The groom will wear a black one that is made from silk and will carry the family crest called a hakama or a pleated skirt. They will also wear a short coat called a haori.
Usually in the Japanese culture, when there is a funeral to attend, the men and the women will wear a black kimono to show respect. When a man is going to a funeral, it is custom for them to wear a black tie and for a wedding they have to wear a white tie.
Fall and winter fashion trends have seen a shift the last 2 years. Bright colors have been replaced with darker tones meant to emphasize more of the individual than the look. As fashion drifted into the scenester and retro stylings now found in clubs, parties, and concerts, winter and fall styles were slow to react. For the longest time bright multi-colored attire especially with holiday themes ruled American fashion.
However the step towards retro ushered in fashionable conflict as looks and closets often clashed between bright winters and subtle summers.
Now that the stars are aligned, Triple Five Soul and FashionVault bring you the brand sure to make holiday hits whether you give or receive.
Colors Most of the items are light brown, khaki, or dark grey.
Hats They feature traditional fitted caps along with the Minnesota caps (earmuffs attached to a hat) to Revolution caps (Che Guevara style).
Hoodies and Jackets They feature a number of different styles with the bulk of the look showing New York roots with California flare. A number of their hoods and jackets feature great patchwork and printing emphasizing the style “Revolution” that they lead.
When choosing a dress, choose something which has just one colour, and best to choose dark colours, this will give you a streamlined effect. To elongate your body, choose a dress with a short skirt and make sure you wear a pair of heels as this is the biggest thing you can do to make yourself taller! Keep things simple for the most amazing effect.
Here are a few tips:
- Keep prints in proportion to you figure, no bigger then the palm of your hand, otherwise you will look like a clown.
- Wear 3/4 sleeves, on dresses, shirts and jumpers.
- Avoid too much jewelry, or at least heavy jewellery.
- When layering, wear light weight materials like cotton, linen and especially silks.
- Wear monochromatic colours.
- When wearing separates avoid contrasting colours such as a navy skirt and a white top, go for an all-in-one colour way.
- Keep in mind that the more fitted the look, the more flattering it will be.
If you are petite, then there are many options for you but the best is something figure-hugging and knee length.
Polarized eyewear is great for activities like fishing, playing golf, or hanging out at the beach – basically in places where light bounces off a surface and comes off as glare. If you’ve ever gone fishing and have had to stare at the water for a long time, you’ll know how unpleasant this glare can be. Even just hanging out at the beach or by a poolside on a sunny day and seeing the light playing on the water produces the same effect. So does looking at snow without the protection of sunglasses. Wearing sun glasses that have polarized lenses would help a person enjoy these activities more. Even driving a motor vehicle on a sunny day would be better if a person was wearing polarized shades; glare would be reduced and driving would become safer.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that just because sun glasses have dark lenses, they are automatically effective at glare reduction – they’re not. The lenses have to undergo a special process where they are given a special coating so that they filter unwanted light. And even though they prevent harmful light waves from getting to your eyes, don’t worry about
Ross Langlitz, a resident of Portland, Oregon, invented the classic American motorcycle jacket with epaulets and diagonal zipper in 1946. This jacket became highly popular after it was worn by Marlon Brando in the movie, The Wild One (1954).
Besides offering protection from serious injuries, some motorcycle jackets also provide protection from the weather elements. A motorcyclist is often exposed to chilly winds and rain. Ordinary jackets offer little or no protection in bad weather, whereas motorcycle jackets are waterproof and do not allow wind chills to affect the rider.
Leather motorcycle jackets are usually made from buffalo, cow or elk hide and vary in thickness. Compared to leather jackets, protective motorcycle jackets made of man-made material such as nylon and Kevlar are becoming increasingly popular, due to their ability to offer better protection from heat, cold and rain. These jackets can have more pockets and vents, offering greater utility and more comfort, especially in summer.
Trail bike riders usually prefer to wear a range of plastic armor to protect against injury from falling off, collision with other riders and running into track barriers. This armor helps protect a rider from suffering fractures, spinal injuries
As you must be aware, dresses were a really big staple of every woman’s wardrobe this summer, and the catwalks for this season show no different. Dresses have been taken from special occasion wardrobes to everyday wardrobes, and so if you feel a little clueless, do not be afraid, help is at hand. Here are some tips on how to update your look and wardrobe for this coming season.
- Country style. There are some things that just keep appearing on the catwalks every winter season, one of which is this idea of country. Tweed, leather, suede and fur were the fabrics of choice for designers such as Ralph Lauren and Dolce & Gabbana. To update your wardrobe with this style find a gorgeous fitted tweed jacket, something that suits every body shape and size.
- Accessorize with a beanie, tights and high heels. Simply put, the beanie is coming back, bigger and better than ever before. If you haven’t got one in a cupboard somewhere, go out and buy one. Thick, wool and cream are the kinds of beanie to buy, seen at Burberry, Pucci and Pollini shows. Another great accessory is a pair of tights, the most popular
Easy Leather Care
Because leather is a natural product, it needs little or no care during normal use. However, in the event that you have a spot or spill, the following cleaning hints should help.
Stain Removal Tricks for…
- Spots and Spills: Blot excess liquid immediately with a clean absorbent cloth or sponge. If necessary, use clear, lukewarm water and gently wipe the spill. Dry with a clean towel and allow to air dry.
- Stubborn Spots and Stains: Use a mild solution of Ivory soap and clear, lukewarm water. Apply the soap to a clean, wet sponge, then rinse well and let air dry naturally. Always try the cleaning method in a hidden area first to be sure it’s colorfast.
- Butter, Oil, or Grease: Wipe excess butter, oil, or grease off the leather with a clean, dry cloth, then leave it alone as the spot should dissipate into the leather in a short period of time. Do not apply water to try to wash a butter, oil, or grease stain.
- Saddle soap, abrasive cleanser, soap, furniture polish oil, varnish, or ammonia water. The leather has already been permanently preserved in the tanning process
If you have a very ornate gown–with very intricate beading, ruffles, or embroidery–keep your veils simple. You don’t want the two to compete for attention, plus you could ruin the sophistication and elegance of your dress and just end up looking tackily overdone. If you want, you can add just a simple trim (like a line of pearls or lace at the edges). Conversely, if you have a very classic and simple dress, where the drama is mostly in the cut rather than any ornamental details, pull out all the stops when it comes to the veil, and construct it in such a way that you can wear it for the whole ceremony and reception without it getting in the way.
You don’t want your veil to hide any important details in your dress. For example, if the focal point of your gown is your bodice or back (such as a fully embroidered ribbon, or antique mother of pearl buttons) don’t wear a full length veil.
Antique veils are coming back into fashion, not only because of the renewed interest in “vintage” clothing, but because it is considered good luck to borrow the veil of a
Enduring fabrics and beautiful shapes are attributes of the classics. Silhouettes that appear again and again, throughout time. Classic clothing features quality and detail that nowadays you find only in very expensive garments.
What articles of attire are regarded as classics? The bomber jacket, the double-breasted jacket, and blazers with hand-cut buttons and striped silk linings fall into the fashion category of the classics. The soft beaded sweaters and sweater sets from the 1950’s, the bodysuits and jumpsuits of the 1970’s, perfectly cut 1960’s chemise dresses, princess skirts and dresses of the 1950’s, 1960’s and 1980’s are all classics. Then there is the mini-skirt, Capri pants, halter tops, palazzo pants and the bias cut dress. Just a few of the myriad styles of clothing that fall into the classics.
The Waist Length Jacket
The first “bomber” or “battle” jacket were those worn by pilots in World War II. The style was a result of a need for less bulky clothes, so they could move with ease in the confined space of a cockpit. Designers of the 1960’s, such as Cardin and Dior, were quick to incorporate this silhouette into their sportswear lines. The short waist
Here are different styles of ties and how they can reflect on you:
- Cartoon and Novelty Ties. These convey a sense of humour, jokester, someone who doesn’t take himself too seriously. In some situations, a novelty tie is appropriate. In the business world when you are trying to close a deal–not normally a great fit.
- Pink Ties. The pink tie portrays a sense and respect of fashion, confidence, style and the finer things in life. Softer shades of pink would be more appropriate for job interviews rather than a strong, vibrant pink–you don’t want the focus to be on your tie!
- Striped Ties. The classic striped tie portrays style, stability, strength, class. A striped tie would be an appropriate choice for business meetings, job interviews and events that require professionalism.
- Small to Medium Patterned Ties. Smaller patterns that are not overwhelming are a good choice for the business and corporate world. Checks, paisleys, and alternate color thread weaves are stylish and portray creativity, strength and class.
- Large Patterned Ties. Larger patterns can be overbearing, but fun at the same time. If you want to be taken seriously and the focus kept on your solo presentation but not on
Remember that every girl is a different size so one dress in a photo or on the hanger may not be as flattering for you as another. Also, most women are not shaped like fashion models. But wedding dresses come in all sizes, shapes and styles, so the right gown is out there for every bride.
First, you should attend a few wedding shows – they are often held at hotels, event halls or convention centers and cost little or no admission. Of course, you aren’t going to just see wedding dresses – you will see most everything that pertains to weddings! While you may not be able to try on gowns, there is almost always a Fashion Show with models wearing a wide array of wedding gowns. This is another way for you to get ideas. And, sometimes, you will find new wedding dresses available for purchase.
You should then visit your local bridal shop and try on a bunch of gowns to get familiar with a style or styles that you like and look good in. See what flatters your body type and coloring. Also keep in mind the type of wedding you will
First in leotard etiquette is that you can wear a leotard if you are appearing on stage. If you are dancing, in a ballet, part of an opera, or doing performance art, you can wear a leotard and you will be fine. If you are a rock star, you can wear a leotard in only a couple of situations: if you are a woman or if you are an 80’s hair band lead man (see Poison, Twisted Sister, or Abba). A basic rule of thumb, though, is that if you are on stage performing, you can get away with a leotard.
Secondly, when it comes to leotard etiquette, keep in mind that a leotard is never okay if you are severely overweight or obese. When little is left to the imagination, you can end up painting a picture nobody wants. If you are a man, this goes double as you are put on display at a level that is beyond description. In fact, when the leotard actually debuted in the 19th century on a French trapeze artist, it is said that many came to see the outfit and what it displayed more than the act itself.
It is as if the fashion industry is slowly starting to wake up to the fact that there is a lucrative market for the taking. Not only are they also fashion conscious and sometimes dedicated fashion divas, but the full size woman can look absolutely spectacular in clothing designed for her posture.
There are several stores and boutiques that now specialize in full size clothing. They carry everything from intimate wear to business and evening wear. These stores not only know but they celebrate that real women do have curves, and they also aim to make plus size women looking and feeling beautiful and keeping pace with the latest fashion trends.
Just because a woman is not a size two does not mean that she is not active or even athletic. Plus size clothing, whilst long overdue, is quickly catching up with the fashion world. As the designers prepare for their spring and fall fashion shows many are also creating plus size fashion lines that will focus solely on the woman with curves. This is wonderful news for the full size women, because more and more they can look just as fashionable as that size two
While you may love the looks that the runway shows have put together, chances are that these outfits won’t be practical for everyday use. However, you can take elements from these runway outfits to create your own fashion forward spring fashion wardrobe. Before you go out shopping make a list of the elements from the runway outfits that you like including shapes, clothing combinations, and colors. Then take this list shopping with you.
When you are selecting spring fashion items you may want to start by finding a designer that offers cuts that are flattering to your body type. Once you have found a designer or clothing designers that make styles that fit your body properly you can then start looking for pieces from their spring collections to complete your spring wardrobe. Again look for pieces that have the elements that you liked from the fashion shows and magazines.
The final step in putting together your spring fashion look is to pick out jewelry and accessories. To get the most value from your jewelry and accessories you will want to select pieces that can be used to create several different outfits. You will also want to
Women may get tired or wearing those that are nude. This is the reason manufacturers have come up with other colors such as opaque and tan. People will not notice that the individual is wearing nylon stockings until looking at it up close to see the lining or the mesh over the skin.
One example is the Sheer Stretch Stockings by Kayla. This is made of 100% stretchable nylon. This costs $6.50 each but those who buy 3 pieces will be paying $15, which is a savings of $4.50.
This is considered to be a top seller since the customer is able to get a good bargain at the price being offered.
Another brand checking out is Shirley of Hollywood. It is also has made of 100% stretchable nylon.
This seamed item has to be worn with a garter belt and will only cost $6 a piece. It also has this in the tan and in 8 other colors that can be worn for any occasion. Unlike other brands that offer this in different sizes, this is free so one size fits all.
There are two places to buy tan colored nylon stockings.