As you must be aware, dresses were a really big staple of every woman’s wardrobe this summer, and the catwalks for this season show no different. Dresses have been taken from special occasion wardrobes to everyday wardrobes, and so if you feel a little clueless, do not be afraid, help is at hand. Here are some tips on how to update your look and wardrobe for this coming season.
- Country style. There are some things that just keep appearing on the catwalks every winter season, one of which is this idea of country. Tweed, leather, suede and fur were the fabrics of choice for designers such as Ralph Lauren and Dolce & Gabbana. To update your wardrobe with this style find a gorgeous fitted tweed jacket, something that suits every body shape and size.
- Accessorize with a beanie, tights and high heels. Simply put, the beanie is coming
Easy Leather Care
Because leather is a natural product, it needs little or no care during normal use. However, in the event that you have a spot or spill, the following cleaning hints should help.
Stain Removal Tricks for…
- Spots and Spills: Blot excess liquid immediately with a clean absorbent cloth or sponge. If necessary, use clear, lukewarm water and gently wipe the spill. Dry with a clean towel and allow to air dry.
- Stubborn Spots and Stains: Use a mild solution of Ivory soap and clear, lukewarm water. Apply the soap to a clean, wet sponge, then rinse well and let air dry naturally. Always try the cleaning method in a hidden area first to be sure it’s colorfast.
- Butter, Oil, or Grease: Wipe excess butter, oil, or grease off the leather with a clean, dry cloth, then leave it alone as the spot should dissipate into the leather
If you have a very ornate gown–with very intricate beading, ruffles, or embroidery–keep your veils simple. You don’t want the two to compete for attention, plus you could ruin the sophistication and elegance of your dress and just end up looking tackily overdone. If you want, you can add just a simple trim (like a line of pearls or lace at the edges). Conversely, if you have a very classic and simple dress, where the drama is mostly in the cut rather than any ornamental details, pull out all the stops when it comes to the veil, and construct it in such a way that you can wear it for the whole ceremony and reception without it getting in the way.
You don’t want your veil to hide any important details in your dress. For example, if the focal point of your gown is your bodice or back (such as …
Enduring fabrics and beautiful shapes are attributes of the classics. Silhouettes that appear again and again, throughout time. Classic clothing features quality and detail that nowadays you find only in very expensive garments.
What articles of attire are regarded as classics? The bomber jacket, the double-breasted jacket, and blazers with hand-cut buttons and striped silk linings fall into the fashion category of the classics. The soft beaded sweaters and sweater sets from the 1950’s, the bodysuits and jumpsuits of the 1970’s, perfectly cut 1960’s chemise dresses, princess skirts and dresses of the 1950’s, 1960’s and 1980’s are all classics. Then there is the mini-skirt, Capri pants, halter tops, palazzo pants and the bias cut dress. Just a few of the myriad styles of clothing that fall into the classics.
The Waist Length Jacket
The first “bomber” or “battle” jacket were those worn by pilots in World War II. The style …
Here are different styles of ties and how they can reflect on you:
- Cartoon and Novelty Ties. These convey a sense of humour, jokester, someone who doesn’t take himself too seriously. In some situations, a novelty tie is appropriate. In the business world when you are trying to close a deal–not normally a great fit.
- Pink Ties. The pink tie portrays a sense and respect of fashion, confidence, style and the finer things in life. Softer shades of pink would be more appropriate for job interviews rather than a strong, vibrant pink–you don’t want the focus to be on your tie!
- Striped Ties. The classic striped tie portrays style, stability, strength, class. A striped tie would be an appropriate choice for business meetings, job interviews and events that require professionalism.
- Small to Medium Patterned Ties. Smaller patterns that are not overwhelming are a good choice for the business and corporate
Remember that every girl is a different size so one dress in a photo or on the hanger may not be as flattering for you as another. Also, most women are not shaped like fashion models. But wedding dresses come in all sizes, shapes and styles, so the right gown is out there for every bride.
First, you should attend a few wedding shows – they are often held at hotels, event halls or convention centers and cost little or no admission. Of course, you aren’t going to just see wedding dresses – you will see most everything that pertains to weddings! While you may not be able to try on gowns, there is almost always a Fashion Show with models wearing a wide array of wedding gowns. This is another way for you to get ideas. And, sometimes, you will find new wedding dresses available for purchase.
You should …
Silver jewelry has been a staple in the lives of mankind since humans discovered the versatility of silver and the many uses it has. Silver has been used for functional and aesthetic purposes. In times of old, silver was used to create flatware and armor to protect soldiers on their way into battle. Silver jewelry was later created and used by Phoenician and Egyptian citizens desiring attractive and convenient pieces to add to their jewelry collections. Over time silver has been used to create flatware, decorative art, coins, dental fillings, jewelry and more.
Silver is produced in many different areas, though the highest concentrations of silver output come from Mexico and Peru.
One of the reasons sterling silver jewelry is so popular is its affordability and versatility. Sterling silver can be crafted into many different jewelry items including charms, rings and chains. Silver jewelry is often mistaken for other more …
First in leotard etiquette is that you can wear a leotard if you are appearing on stage. If you are dancing, in a ballet, part of an opera, or doing performance art, you can wear a leotard and you will be fine. If you are a rock star, you can wear a leotard in only a couple of situations: if you are a woman or if you are an 80’s hair band lead man (see Poison, Twisted Sister, or Abba). A basic rule of thumb, though, is that if you are on stage performing, you can get away with a leotard.
Secondly, when it comes to leotard etiquette, keep in mind that a leotard is never okay if you are severely overweight or obese. When little is left to the imagination, you can end up painting a picture nobody wants. If you are a man, this goes double as you …
It is as if the fashion industry is slowly starting to wake up to the fact that there is a lucrative market for the taking. Not only are they also fashion conscious and sometimes dedicated fashion divas, but the full size woman can look absolutely spectacular in clothing designed for her posture.
There are several stores and boutiques that now specialize in full size clothing. They carry everything from intimate wear to business and evening wear. These stores not only know but they celebrate that real women do have curves, and they also aim to make plus size women looking and feeling beautiful and keeping pace with the latest fashion trends.
Just because a woman is not a size two does not mean that she is not active or even athletic. Plus size clothing, whilst long overdue, is quickly catching up with the fashion world. As the designers prepare for …
While you may love the looks that the runway shows have put together, chances are that these outfits won’t be practical for everyday use. However, you can take elements from these runway outfits to create your own fashion forward spring fashion wardrobe. Before you go out shopping make a list of the elements from the runway outfits that you like including shapes, clothing combinations, and colors. Then take this list shopping with you.
When you are selecting spring fashion items you may want to start by finding a designer that offers cuts that are flattering to your body type. Once you have found a designer or clothing designers that make styles that fit your body properly you can then start looking for pieces from their spring collections to complete your spring wardrobe. Again look for pieces that have the elements that you liked from the fashion shows and magazines.