Women are most seen wearing the kimono. They are worn for many occasions and are considered a tradition for most. Girls will wear one when they attend anything that is tied to the arts. A younger girl and single women wear a more colorful style of Kimono with longer sleeves and tied with a bright colored sash. A Kimono is made with material that has a simple pattern and is more plain and casual in style.
At weddings, the bride and the groom will go through a series of clothing changes using Kimono. A shiromuku is a heavy white Kimono that has great detail etched in it. The groom will wear a black one that is made from silk and will carry the family crest called a hakama or a pleated skirt. They will also wear a short coat called a haori.
Usually in the Japanese culture, when there is …
Fall and winter fashion trends have seen a shift the last 2 years. Bright colors have been replaced with darker tones meant to emphasize more of the individual than the look. As fashion drifted into the scenester and retro stylings now found in clubs, parties, and concerts, winter and fall styles were slow to react. For the longest time bright multi-colored attire especially with holiday themes ruled American fashion.
However the step towards retro ushered in fashionable conflict as looks and closets often clashed between bright winters and subtle summers.
Now that the stars are aligned, Triple Five Soul and FashionVault bring you the brand sure to make holiday hits whether you give or receive.
Colors Most of the items are light brown, khaki, or dark grey.
Hats They feature traditional fitted caps along with the Minnesota caps (earmuffs attached to a hat) to Revolution caps (Che Guevara style).
When choosing a dress, choose something which has just one colour, and best to choose dark colours, this will give you a streamlined effect. To elongate your body, choose a dress with a short skirt and make sure you wear a pair of heels as this is the biggest thing you can do to make yourself taller! Keep things simple for the most amazing effect.
Here are a few tips:
- Keep prints in proportion to you figure, no bigger then the palm of your hand, otherwise you will look like a clown.
- Wear 3/4 sleeves, on dresses, shirts and jumpers.
- Avoid too much jewelry, or at least heavy jewellery.
- When layering, wear light weight materials like cotton, linen and especially silks.
- Wear monochromatic colours.
- When wearing separates avoid contrasting colours such as a navy skirt and a white top, go for an all-in-one colour way.
- Keep in mind that the
Polarized eyewear is great for activities like fishing, playing golf, or hanging out at the beach – basically in places where light bounces off a surface and comes off as glare. If you’ve ever gone fishing and have had to stare at the water for a long time, you’ll know how unpleasant this glare can be. Even just hanging out at the beach or by a poolside on a sunny day and seeing the light playing on the water produces the same effect. So does looking at snow without the protection of sunglasses. Wearing sun glasses that have polarized lenses would help a person enjoy these activities more. Even driving a motor vehicle on a sunny day would be better if a person was wearing polarized shades; glare would be reduced and driving would become safer.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that just because sun glasses have dark lenses, …
Ross Langlitz, a resident of Portland, Oregon, invented the classic American motorcycle jacket with epaulets and diagonal zipper in 1946. This jacket became highly popular after it was worn by Marlon Brando in the movie, The Wild One (1954).
Besides offering protection from serious injuries, some motorcycle jackets also provide protection from the weather elements. A motorcyclist is often exposed to chilly winds and rain. Ordinary jackets offer little or no protection in bad weather, whereas motorcycle jackets are waterproof and do not allow wind chills to affect the rider.
Leather motorcycle jackets are usually made from buffalo, cow or elk hide and vary in thickness. Compared to leather jackets, protective motorcycle jackets made of man-made material such as nylon and Kevlar are becoming increasingly popular, due to their ability to offer better protection from heat, cold and rain. These jackets can have more pockets and vents, offering greater utility …
As you must be aware, dresses were a really big staple of every woman’s wardrobe this summer, and the catwalks for this season show no different. Dresses have been taken from special occasion wardrobes to everyday wardrobes, and so if you feel a little clueless, do not be afraid, help is at hand. Here are some tips on how to update your look and wardrobe for this coming season.
- Country style. There are some things that just keep appearing on the catwalks every winter season, one of which is this idea of country. Tweed, leather, suede and fur were the fabrics of choice for designers such as Ralph Lauren and Dolce & Gabbana. To update your wardrobe with this style find a gorgeous fitted tweed jacket, something that suits every body shape and size.
- Accessorize with a beanie, tights and high heels. Simply put, the beanie is coming
Easy Leather Care
Because leather is a natural product, it needs little or no care during normal use. However, in the event that you have a spot or spill, the following cleaning hints should help.
Stain Removal Tricks for…
- Spots and Spills: Blot excess liquid immediately with a clean absorbent cloth or sponge. If necessary, use clear, lukewarm water and gently wipe the spill. Dry with a clean towel and allow to air dry.
- Stubborn Spots and Stains: Use a mild solution of Ivory soap and clear, lukewarm water. Apply the soap to a clean, wet sponge, then rinse well and let air dry naturally. Always try the cleaning method in a hidden area first to be sure it’s colorfast.
- Butter, Oil, or Grease: Wipe excess butter, oil, or grease off the leather with a clean, dry cloth, then leave it alone as the spot should dissipate into the leather
If you have a very ornate gown–with very intricate beading, ruffles, or embroidery–keep your veils simple. You don’t want the two to compete for attention, plus you could ruin the sophistication and elegance of your dress and just end up looking tackily overdone. If you want, you can add just a simple trim (like a line of pearls or lace at the edges). Conversely, if you have a very classic and simple dress, where the drama is mostly in the cut rather than any ornamental details, pull out all the stops when it comes to the veil, and construct it in such a way that you can wear it for the whole ceremony and reception without it getting in the way.
You don’t want your veil to hide any important details in your dress. For example, if the focal point of your gown is your bodice or back (such as …
Enduring fabrics and beautiful shapes are attributes of the classics. Silhouettes that appear again and again, throughout time. Classic clothing features quality and detail that nowadays you find only in very expensive garments.
What articles of attire are regarded as classics? The bomber jacket, the double-breasted jacket, and blazers with hand-cut buttons and striped silk linings fall into the fashion category of the classics. The soft beaded sweaters and sweater sets from the 1950’s, the bodysuits and jumpsuits of the 1970’s, perfectly cut 1960’s chemise dresses, princess skirts and dresses of the 1950’s, 1960’s and 1980’s are all classics. Then there is the mini-skirt, Capri pants, halter tops, palazzo pants and the bias cut dress. Just a few of the myriad styles of clothing that fall into the classics.
The Waist Length Jacket
The first “bomber” or “battle” jacket were those worn by pilots in World War II. The style …
Here are different styles of ties and how they can reflect on you:
- Cartoon and Novelty Ties. These convey a sense of humour, jokester, someone who doesn’t take himself too seriously. In some situations, a novelty tie is appropriate. In the business world when you are trying to close a deal–not normally a great fit.
- Pink Ties. The pink tie portrays a sense and respect of fashion, confidence, style and the finer things in life. Softer shades of pink would be more appropriate for job interviews rather than a strong, vibrant pink–you don’t want the focus to be on your tie!
- Striped Ties. The classic striped tie portrays style, stability, strength, class. A striped tie would be an appropriate choice for business meetings, job interviews and events that require professionalism.
- Small to Medium Patterned Ties. Smaller patterns that are not overwhelming are a good choice for the business and corporate