When choosing a dress, choose something which has just one colour, and best to choose dark colours, this will give you a streamlined effect. To elongate your body, choose a dress with a short skirt and make sure you wear a pair of heels as this is the biggest thing you can do to make yourself taller! Keep things simple for the most amazing effect.
Here are a few tips:
- Keep prints in proportion to you figure, no bigger then the palm of your hand, otherwise you will look like a clown.
- Wear 3/4 sleeves, on dresses, shirts and jumpers.
- Avoid too much jewelry, or at least heavy jewellery.
- When layering, wear light weight materials like cotton, linen and especially silks.
- Wear monochromatic colours.
- When wearing separates avoid contrasting colours such as a navy skirt and a white top, go for an all-in-one colour way.
- Keep in mind that the more fitted the look, the more flattering it will be.
If you are petite, then there are many options for you but the best is something figure-hugging and knee length.
Polarized eyewear is great for activities like fishing, playing golf, or hanging out at the beach – basically in places where light bounces off a surface and comes off as glare. If you’ve ever gone fishing and have had to stare at the water for a long time, you’ll know how unpleasant this glare can be. Even just hanging out at the beach or by a poolside on a sunny day and seeing the light playing on the water produces the same effect. So does looking at snow without the protection of sunglasses. Wearing sun glasses that have polarized lenses would help a person enjoy these activities more. Even driving a motor vehicle on a sunny day would be better if a person was wearing polarized shades; glare would be reduced and driving would become safer.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that just because sun glasses have dark lenses, they are automatically effective at glare reduction – they’re not. The lenses have to undergo a special process where they are given a special coating so that they filter unwanted light. And even though they prevent harmful light waves from getting to your eyes, don’t worry about
Ross Langlitz, a resident of Portland, Oregon, invented the classic American motorcycle jacket with epaulets and diagonal zipper in 1946. This jacket became highly popular after it was worn by Marlon Brando in the movie, The Wild One (1954).
Besides offering protection from serious injuries, some motorcycle jackets also provide protection from the weather elements. A motorcyclist is often exposed to chilly winds and rain. Ordinary jackets offer little or no protection in bad weather, whereas motorcycle jackets are waterproof and do not allow wind chills to affect the rider.
Leather motorcycle jackets are usually made from buffalo, cow or elk hide and vary in thickness. Compared to leather jackets, protective motorcycle jackets made of man-made material such as nylon and Kevlar are becoming increasingly popular, due to their ability to offer better protection from heat, cold and rain. These jackets can have more pockets and vents, offering greater utility and more comfort, especially in summer.
Trail bike riders usually prefer to wear a range of plastic armor to protect against injury from falling off, collision with other riders and running into track barriers. This armor helps protect a rider from suffering fractures, spinal injuries
As you must be aware, dresses were a really big staple of every woman’s wardrobe this summer, and the catwalks for this season show no different. Dresses have been taken from special occasion wardrobes to everyday wardrobes, and so if you feel a little clueless, do not be afraid, help is at hand. Here are some tips on how to update your look and wardrobe for this coming season.
- Country style. There are some things that just keep appearing on the catwalks every winter season, one of which is this idea of country. Tweed, leather, suede and fur were the fabrics of choice for designers such as Ralph Lauren and Dolce & Gabbana. To update your wardrobe with this style find a gorgeous fitted tweed jacket, something that suits every body shape and size.
- Accessorize with a beanie, tights and high heels. Simply put, the beanie is coming back, bigger and better than ever before. If you haven’t got one in a cupboard somewhere, go out and buy one. Thick, wool and cream are the kinds of beanie to buy, seen at Burberry, Pucci and Pollini shows. Another great accessory is a pair of tights, the most popular
Easy Leather Care
Because leather is a natural product, it needs little or no care during normal use. However, in the event that you have a spot or spill, the following cleaning hints should help.
Stain Removal Tricks for…
- Spots and Spills: Blot excess liquid immediately with a clean absorbent cloth or sponge. If necessary, use clear, lukewarm water and gently wipe the spill. Dry with a clean towel and allow to air dry.
- Stubborn Spots and Stains: Use a mild solution of Ivory soap and clear, lukewarm water. Apply the soap to a clean, wet sponge, then rinse well and let air dry naturally. Always try the cleaning method in a hidden area first to be sure it’s colorfast.
- Butter, Oil, or Grease: Wipe excess butter, oil, or grease off the leather with a clean, dry cloth, then leave it alone as the spot should dissipate into the leather in a short period of time. Do not apply water to try to wash a butter, oil, or grease stain.
- Saddle soap, abrasive cleanser, soap, furniture polish oil, varnish, or ammonia water. The leather has already been permanently preserved in the tanning process
If you have a very ornate gown–with very intricate beading, ruffles, or embroidery–keep your veils simple. You don’t want the two to compete for attention, plus you could ruin the sophistication and elegance of your dress and just end up looking tackily overdone. If you want, you can add just a simple trim (like a line of pearls or lace at the edges). Conversely, if you have a very classic and simple dress, where the drama is mostly in the cut rather than any ornamental details, pull out all the stops when it comes to the veil, and construct it in such a way that you can wear it for the whole ceremony and reception without it getting in the way.
You don’t want your veil to hide any important details in your dress. For example, if the focal point of your gown is your bodice or back (such as a fully embroidered ribbon, or antique mother of pearl buttons) don’t wear a full length veil.
Antique veils are coming back into fashion, not only because of the renewed interest in “vintage” clothing, but because it is considered good luck to borrow the veil of a
Enduring fabrics and beautiful shapes are attributes of the classics. Silhouettes that appear again and again, throughout time. Classic clothing features quality and detail that nowadays you find only in very expensive garments.
What articles of attire are regarded as classics? The bomber jacket, the double-breasted jacket, and blazers with hand-cut buttons and striped silk linings fall into the fashion category of the classics. The soft beaded sweaters and sweater sets from the 1950’s, the bodysuits and jumpsuits of the 1970’s, perfectly cut 1960’s chemise dresses, princess skirts and dresses of the 1950’s, 1960’s and 1980’s are all classics. Then there is the mini-skirt, Capri pants, halter tops, palazzo pants and the bias cut dress. Just a few of the myriad styles of clothing that fall into the classics.
The Waist Length Jacket
The first “bomber” or “battle” jacket were those worn by pilots in World War II. The style was a result of a need for less bulky clothes, so they could move with ease in the confined space of a cockpit. Designers of the 1960’s, such as Cardin and Dior, were quick to incorporate this silhouette into their sportswear lines. The short waist
Here are different styles of ties and how they can reflect on you:
- Cartoon and Novelty Ties. These convey a sense of humour, jokester, someone who doesn’t take himself too seriously. In some situations, a novelty tie is appropriate. In the business world when you are trying to close a deal–not normally a great fit.
- Pink Ties. The pink tie portrays a sense and respect of fashion, confidence, style and the finer things in life. Softer shades of pink would be more appropriate for job interviews rather than a strong, vibrant pink–you don’t want the focus to be on your tie!
- Striped Ties. The classic striped tie portrays style, stability, strength, class. A striped tie would be an appropriate choice for business meetings, job interviews and events that require professionalism.
- Small to Medium Patterned Ties. Smaller patterns that are not overwhelming are a good choice for the business and corporate world. Checks, paisleys, and alternate color thread weaves are stylish and portray creativity, strength and class.
- Large Patterned Ties. Larger patterns can be overbearing, but fun at the same time. If you want to be taken seriously and the focus kept on your solo presentation but not on
Remember that every girl is a different size so one dress in a photo or on the hanger may not be as flattering for you as another. Also, most women are not shaped like fashion models. But wedding dresses come in all sizes, shapes and styles, so the right gown is out there for every bride.
First, you should attend a few wedding shows – they are often held at hotels, event halls or convention centers and cost little or no admission. Of course, you aren’t going to just see wedding dresses – you will see most everything that pertains to weddings! While you may not be able to try on gowns, there is almost always a Fashion Show with models wearing a wide array of wedding gowns. This is another way for you to get ideas. And, sometimes, you will find new wedding dresses available for purchase.
You should then visit your local bridal shop and try on a bunch of gowns to get familiar with a style or styles that you like and look good in. See what flatters your body type and coloring. Also keep in mind the type of wedding you will
First in leotard etiquette is that you can wear a leotard if you are appearing on stage. If you are dancing, in a ballet, part of an opera, or doing performance art, you can wear a leotard and you will be fine. If you are a rock star, you can wear a leotard in only a couple of situations: if you are a woman or if you are an 80’s hair band lead man (see Poison, Twisted Sister, or Abba). A basic rule of thumb, though, is that if you are on stage performing, you can get away with a leotard.
Secondly, when it comes to leotard etiquette, keep in mind that a leotard is never okay if you are severely overweight or obese. When little is left to the imagination, you can end up painting a picture nobody wants. If you are a man, this goes double as you are put on display at a level that is beyond description. In fact, when the leotard actually debuted in the 19th century on a French trapeze artist, it is said that many came to see the outfit and what it displayed more than the act itself.
It is as if the fashion industry is slowly starting to wake up to the fact that there is a lucrative market for the taking. Not only are they also fashion conscious and sometimes dedicated fashion divas, but the full size woman can look absolutely spectacular in clothing designed for her posture.
There are several stores and boutiques that now specialize in full size clothing. They carry everything from intimate wear to business and evening wear. These stores not only know but they celebrate that real women do have curves, and they also aim to make plus size women looking and feeling beautiful and keeping pace with the latest fashion trends.
Just because a woman is not a size two does not mean that she is not active or even athletic. Plus size clothing, whilst long overdue, is quickly catching up with the fashion world. As the designers prepare for their spring and fall fashion shows many are also creating plus size fashion lines that will focus solely on the woman with curves. This is wonderful news for the full size women, because more and more they can look just as fashionable as that size two
While you may love the looks that the runway shows have put together, chances are that these outfits won’t be practical for everyday use. However, you can take elements from these runway outfits to create your own fashion forward spring fashion wardrobe. Before you go out shopping make a list of the elements from the runway outfits that you like including shapes, clothing combinations, and colors. Then take this list shopping with you.
When you are selecting spring fashion items you may want to start by finding a designer that offers cuts that are flattering to your body type. Once you have found a designer or clothing designers that make styles that fit your body properly you can then start looking for pieces from their spring collections to complete your spring wardrobe. Again look for pieces that have the elements that you liked from the fashion shows and magazines.
The final step in putting together your spring fashion look is to pick out jewelry and accessories. To get the most value from your jewelry and accessories you will want to select pieces that can be used to create several different outfits. You will also want to
Women may get tired or wearing those that are nude. This is the reason manufacturers have come up with other colors such as opaque and tan. People will not notice that the individual is wearing nylon stockings until looking at it up close to see the lining or the mesh over the skin.
One example is the Sheer Stretch Stockings by Kayla. This is made of 100% stretchable nylon. This costs $6.50 each but those who buy 3 pieces will be paying $15, which is a savings of $4.50.
This is considered to be a top seller since the customer is able to get a good bargain at the price being offered.
Another brand checking out is Shirley of Hollywood. It is also has made of 100% stretchable nylon.
This seamed item has to be worn with a garter belt and will only cost $6 a piece. It also has this in the tan and in 8 other colors that can be worn for any occasion. Unlike other brands that offer this in different sizes, this is free so one size fits all.
There are two places to buy tan colored nylon stockings.
The truly great vintage tee comes from finding the one great shirt that you stumble across in your parent’s old wardrobe or at a garage sale. There are great finds to be had in every thrift store. You never know what classic shirt has been tossed away by someone with no appreciation for pop culture. Hit up some thrift stores and cruise through the selection. You will see a lot that doesn’t work but the one great find will set your wardrobe and sense of style apart from all the rest.
Other goldmines are vintage record stores, and flea markets. You should be looking for something that appeals to you and is a one of a kind. There are plenty of great finds out there just waiting to be discovered, and if they don’t work out you are only out $1.50.
Always be on the lookout for classic concert tees. Even if the band sucked at the time it is now vintage and it will make your parents feel old. Also keep an eye out for any company or logo that was popular in its day but has been phased out. Just like classic cars, these
You will find that coach wallets are available in so many colors you will have problems making up your mind which one to buy. You might have to buy one to match each purse that you own, or ditch the purse and buy a wallet that will match each outfit. The colors are all in shades that you just can not find any other wallet. You will be so glad that you made the splurge. After you have wore out your wallet, you will not want to ever use another brand. You will be spoiled to the coach brand will never want anything less again.
If you are wondering just where you can buy an coach wallet, you will love to hear that you can buy them many places. You will the wallet that is made by coach in many high end department stores. You will also find this lovely wallet by doing a search online. However, you just might get the best deal for your money if you go with eBay when you are wallet shopping. Which ever place you choose to buy your wallet from, you will find that there are many selections to choose
Thigh-high stockings are a prominent choice among women as these stockings with or without a suspension belt offer a classic style. These look attractive with a French maid look of a frock with an apron giving the impression of being a doll.
Apart from its classic style, they are often perceived as preferable apparel to pantyhose. As per the health reports, thigh-highs are considered better because they decrease the risk of Deep Venous Thrombosis in patients undergoing urological surgery. In other words, these give better prevention against varicose veins.
Physicians even recommend that thigh-highs are better than knee-high stockings as they have fewer tendencies to buckle behind the knee, thus retaining the comfort level. Thigh- high stockings also help in ventilation, and thus reduction of fungi and bacteria. Women also believe that it is considerably easier and quicker to use the bathroom in thigh-highs. Thigh-highs have a stay-up style because of the sewn in elasticized bands. This characteristic helps in holding it alone on the leg as they are made of elastic cotton yarn.
Thigh-highs look stylish and elegant. A beautiful woman in thigh-high stockings is absolutely the most erotic sight one can view.
With great care the strong, natural qualities of lambswool can be maintained for many years. These easy to follow, simple guidelines will insure the lasting beauty of your lambswool sweaters.
- Give your lambswool sweaters a 24-hour rest between outings. Lambswool fibers need time to shed creases and return to their original shape.
- Hang lambswool sweaters on shaped or padded hangers.
- Store lambswool sweaters gently folded in drawers with mothballs.
- Empty sweater pockets and hang with pockets zipped or buttoned.
- Use a damp sponge to remove spills and try not to wash your lambswool sweaters too often.
- After a few wears, refresh your lambswool sweaters after wearing or unpacking by hanging them in a steamy bathroom. Add some lavender oil into your bath to make them smell nice.
- After washing and or if your sweater gets wet in the rain dry the garment at room temperature away from strong heat.
- Remove spots and stains promptly.
I hope that by posting the information above I will help you enjoy your lambswool sweater for many years.
Once you know the power of your lens, think about when you wear them. Do you wear them only at work? Or do you wear the same pair at home? You are more likely to purchase a pair that looks good if you will be seen in public with them. And if you are also wearing them at home, you will want a pair that is durable, and will stand up to being transported in your purse, pocket or briefcase. A pair with a matching case would be a good choice.
Second, think about the shape of your face. Different frames flatter different faces. If you have a round face, you might look for a pair that works with your curves. If your face is angular, likewise, you might be happy with a pair that softens your lines. In general, an optical professional can help you select the perfect frame for your face. You can also find charts to help you match your face shape to a complementary frame. Some websites offer assistance with an optical professional to help you make the best decision.
Thirdly, since frames come in myriad colors and patterns, it is good
Jeans tend to fit me fairly well throughout but in those two areas I still have a hard time finding a pair that fit perfectly. This often means that I will be forced to customize these jeans to work for me. I have three major pairs of shoes that I wear with jeans my converse chucks, black dress loafers and flip flops. Often times if I go with jean that already has a boot cut fit they work for the loafers but I end up dragging my heel under the other shoes. Sometimes this can give you a nice distressed look to the heel of your jean, but on a rainy day it just means frozen feet and disgusting muddy heels on your jeans.
My simple answer is to go with a boot fit jean that doesn’t drag under my heel to much. Then cut the cuffs of the jeans vertically along the inside and outside seam to open the boot cut up further. This cut will look odd at first but after a few washings it will look nice and distressed and ad some personality to your jeans. The other answer is to cut the heel
The reason most women think of wearing dress shoes as a sacrifice for the sake of beauty is because 80% of special occasion shoes really are uncomfortable. But since they want to look their best for the prom, wedding or evening banquet, most women will put up with sore feet. You don’t have to, though.
Here are several tips that will help you find the “perfect” evening shoes:
- All dress shoes have heels. Of course – high heels make your legs look longer and slimmer, make your feet look sexy and force you to keep good posture. However, you don’t have to wear 4-inche heels to get all these benefits. Go for kitten style heels – about 2-inches high. They are more stable and comfortable.
- Another way to get comfortable heels is to choose wedge-heel shoes. Even if the heel is high, they are easy to walk in and you probably won’t even feel the height. By the way, wedge heels are quite fashionable this year.
- About 50% of evening shoes are made from fabric but, if you can afford it, always go for genuine leather shoes. Quality leather has an amazing ability to adjust to the shape