Here are some shopping rules that will help you come home with clothing items that are real bargains that will make you look and feel good.
- Know exactly what you need. Take inventory of your clothing and write a list of items that will expand your wardrobe – a red top that you can wear with five other items in your closet.
- Buy only what you need. If you have five white t-shirts that are in good condition and exactly the same cut you probably don’t really need another one.
- If you are working with a budget stay away from that great plaid, flowery or embellished bag if most of your wardrobe is patterned and none of the colors in the bag match the clothing you already have.
- Don’t be seduced by a low price. No matter how expensive it was if it doesn’t fit don’t buy it. You might find the best looking designer jacket at a low, low price but if it’s the wrong color or it doesn’t suit your body type you will not likely wear it.
- Shop prepared. If you are shopping to find a blouse to match a certain pair of pants, wear the pants shopping. Or if you are buying a skirt wear heels or take an appropriate pair of shoes with you to get a better idea of how the skirt will look.